When You Should Hire An Airbnb Property Manager
If you already know that you want to be 100% hands-off, then you should hire a property manager. It’s that simple: if you do not want to spend any time managing your Airbnb, then you need an Airbnb property manager. There’s no shame in that. In fact, it’s money well spent if you don’t believe you can offer the guest an amazing experience. If this is you, skip to the next article about how to go about choosing the right company.
But, I’m guessing that if you’re reading this article, you are not yet sure if you need a vacation rental property management company. You are probably somewhere in between being 100% hands-off and 100% hand on. Or, you may not be sure what these companies offer. Or, you may be wondering if you can do everything yourself.
First, let’s figure out what a property manager can do for you. Then, we’ll find out how much time each requires.
What Does a Property Manager Do?
A good full-service Airbnb property management company will perform the following tasks on your behalf:
- Create your Airbnb profile and listing
- Respond to 100% of initial guest inquiries within minutes
- Providing a 24/7 local emergency contact
- Coordination of all maintenance issues
- Be the main point of contact for the guest
- Connect your Airbnb listing to a third-party intelligent pricing partner (not Airbnb’s Smart Pricing) and monitor your calendar and rates
- Handle any Resolution Claims resulting from any reservation
- Coordination with the cleaners
- Coordination of late check-in/out requests
- Continually optimize your Airbnb listing for high Airbnb search placement
- Create a digital guidebook for your guest
- Replenishment of consumables (toilet paper, tissues, soaps, garbage bags, etc.)
- Key management (if applicable)
- Create a seamless check-in experience for the guest
- Be your main point of contact for all issues
- Responsible for accounting and tax remittance (if applicable)
- Guidance on interior design
- Continual suggestions for improvement
- Monitoring of guest reviews
This seems like a lot! And, it is.
So, the real question becomes: Do you want to be 100% hands-off assuming you find a good Airbnb property manager?